Homelessness and inclusion dentistry
This is the second Homeless and Inclusion Oral Health conference with less than one 2 weeks until the Homeless and Inclusion Oral Health conference.
This jam-packed, action-focused, event will raise awareness of oral health inequalities and help you improve the oral health of socially excluded populations.
The day includes interactive workshops on a wide range of subjects, exhibition stands from providers and charities working in this arena and fantastic key note speakers including:
- Janine Doughty (Doctoral Research Fellow, National Institute for Health Research and Crisis at Christmas dentistry deputy service organiser)
- Professor Andrew Hayward (Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Inclusion Health Research)
- Martin Burrows (Healthy Mouths, Groundswell)
- Professor Ruth Freeman (Professor of Dental Public Health Research, Hon Consultant in DPH, University of Dundee)
- Ben Atkins (Clinical Director of Revive Dental Care and Trustee of the Oral Health Foundation)
There are nine workshops for you to choose from, with practical, action-focused advice to drive forward inclusion oral health in clinical practice and research. Topics include:
- How to deliver oral health promotion programmes for people experiencing social exclusion
- Working with Adverse Childhood Events and patients who have experienced trauma
- Designing community dental services for people experiencing homelessness
- Managing medicine in dentistry for people experiencing social exclusion
- Working with Experts by Experience
- Setting up health outreach with people experiencing social exclusion
- Research co-production with Experts by Experience
- Integrating social inclusion into the dentistry curriculum
- Cultivating social responsibility in general dental practice
We’ve kept the cost as low as possible, but if you need help with fees please get in touch. CPD certification will be available.