Society of British Dental Nurses
Our vision is to inspire and engage dental nurses at each and every stage of their career. We will consider the here and now, and the future landscape of dentistry. Our guiding philosophy is that we will support the development of a sustainable and effective workforce, which as a result will advance our profession through education and professional activity.
5 core values are central to our work
- Influencing policy and informing change
- Enhancing the capacity and ability of our membership
- Placing education, learning, experience, growth and development at the heart of the Society
- Recognising national and local priorities and our role within these areas
- Dedicated to the education and support of dental nursing students
- Access to our Member Forum, with advice and support on numerous topics relating to dental nurses
- Advice and support when choosing the next step in your career pathway as a dental nurse
- Explanation on the topic of CPD for Dental Professionals, along with continual guidance relevant CPD for dental nurses
- Support and guidance on what makes student nurses fit to practice, and the types of behaviour that accompany this
- GDC Advice on raising concerns when encountering a situation that may be putting others at risk
- Creating personal development plans, and how these will be viewed under the changing CPD regulation
- Guidance on English language controls within the dental industry
- Understanding professionalism
- GDC Guidance on direct access, and how the affects dental nurses
- Exclusive area for student dental nurses
- Access to our event calendar, listing the crucial events for dental nurses throughout the year
- Optional indemnity cover to members and non-members
Update The Office of the CDO England shares a tripartite letter and a flowchart - read it here February 2020 Dear colleagues Novel Coronavirus: Advice for the NHS in England This letter updates the advice [...]
The Society of British Dental Nurses provide guidance to its' members and followers based on the regulators standards for the Dental Team. The Society have a strong position on social media and its' use and [...]
BBC News - Health BBC News - Health
Public toilets: Should you be able to pee for free?
on February 24, 2020 at 12:05 am
Toilet access in London can be a real issue for many people who live in and visit the city.
Coronavirus: Venice Carnival closes as Italy imposes lockdown
on February 23, 2020 at 10:35 pm
Italy quarantines whole towns, closes schools and cancels sports fixtures as infections increase.
Coronavirus: Four new UK cases among ship evacuees
on February 23, 2020 at 9:18 pm
The patients caught the virus on the Diamond Princess cruise liner, bringing the total UK cases to 13.
Coronavirus: Mass masked wedding in the Philippines
on February 23, 2020 at 12:15 pm
The annual event saw added coronavirus precautions as more than 200 couples tied the knot.
A visual guide to the outbreak
on February 23, 2020 at 11:24 am
Key maps and graphics explaining how the Covid-19 virus has spread and how it is being dealt with.