Society of British Dental Nurses
Our vision is to inspire and engage dental nurses at each and every stage of their career. We will consider the here and now, and the future landscape of dentistry. Our guiding philosophy is that we will support the development of a sustainable and effective workforce, which as a result will advance our profession through education and professional activity.
5 core values are central to our work
- Influencing policy and informing change
- Enhancing the capacity and ability of our membership
- Placing education, learning, experience, growth and development at the heart of the Society
- Recognising national and local priorities and our role within these areas
- Dedicated to the education and support of dental nursing students
- Access to our Member Forum, with advice and support on numerous topics relating to dental nurses
- Advice and support when choosing the next step in your career pathway as a dental nurse
- Explanation on the topic of CPD for Dental Professionals, along with continual guidance relevant CPD for dental nurses
- Support and guidance on what makes student nurses fit to practice, and the types of behaviour that accompany this
- GDC Advice on raising concerns when encountering a situation that may be putting others at risk
- Creating personal development plans, and how these will be viewed under the changing CPD regulation
- Guidance on English language controls within the dental industry
- Understanding professionalism
- GDC Guidance on direct access, and how the affects dental nurses
- Exclusive area for student dental nurses
- Access to our event calendar, listing the crucial events for dental nurses throughout the year
- Optional indemnity cover to members and non-members
The Chief Dental Officer for England launched the Record Keeping Standards at the BDIA Dental Showcase. This brings consensus and standardisation in approach to assessment of Record Keeping Standards - what the professions would like [...]
BBC News - Health BBC News - Health
Global epidemic' of childhood inactivity
on November 22, 2019 at 1:20 am
Report shows 81% don't exercise enough with effects on health, brain development and social skills.
Bacterial allies make dengue fever cases dive
on November 22, 2019 at 1:17 am
Scientists infected mosquitoes with Wolbachia bacteria to make it harder for them to spread disease.
Pneumonia: How a bead necklace is tackling the disease in Kenya
on November 22, 2019 at 12:44 am
'Village doctor' Beatrice Lokwawi explains how she uses beads to diagnose people with pneumonia.
Vaping linked to teen's 'popcorn lung'
on November 22, 2019 at 12:26 am
Canadian doctors who treated the teen say the injury is unlike vaping-related illnesses in the US.
Patient died after 'transplant surgeon error'
on November 21, 2019 at 7:40 pm
A surgeon spilt stomach contents on organs which were transplanted into three patients.